SSC CHSL Salary 2021: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exam to recruit candidates who go on to fill important government posts like DEO, LDC, Postal Assistants, etc. The SSC CHSL 2021 was released on 06th November 2020. As per the latest notification, there is a hike to 22-24 % in the SSC CHSL salary structure after the 7th pay commission. The various posts for which the successful candidates will be recruited by clearing the SSC CHSL exam are as follows:
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
- Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)- Grade A
Here we are providing you with the SSC CHSL Salary 2021. You will get to know the SSC CHSL Salary, Perks and Allowances, Job Profile, and Promotion in SSC CHSL in detail.
SSC CHSL Pay Scale 2021, Post-wise
After the 7th pay Commission, the SSC CHSL salary structure for the posts under SSC CHSL is given below. The below table represents the pay scale of four different posts.
SSC CHSL Salary After 7th Pay Commission
The SSC CHSL appointed candidates will be paid the salary based on the city where they have been posted. SSC has categorized the cities into three categories.
- X= cities with a population of more than 50 lakhs
- Y= Population within 5 to 50 lakhs
- Z= Population less than 5 lakhs
The SSC CHSL In-Hand Salary After the 7th Pay Commission for each of the posts is given below.
SSC CHSL Salary In-hand Salary, LDC/JSA
The SSC CHSL In-Hand Salary for the post of Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) in cities X, Y, and Z are given in the below table:
The SSC CHSL In-Hand Salary for the post of Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA) in cities X, Y, and Z are given in the below table:
SSC provides promotions from time to time. The promotion policy is different for LDC, DEO, SA/PA, and Court Clerk. The promotion is held after clearing the departmental exam conducted by SSC. Check out the Job Profile and Promotional Policy For SSC CHSL.
Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
- Dealing with the clerical work and maintaining the flow of work in the office
- To Maintain data, files, and documents of the office in a systematic manner
- Registration of Mails, Entering Data on Computer, Indexing in an efficient manner.
Promotion Policy: He/She is promoted to Upper Division Clerk, Division Clerk, and Section Officer.
Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- To handle office computers. He/She must be proficient in Computer Work.
- Typing is one of the most responsibilities of the DEO post.
- Work with software like MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Promotion Policy: The candidate could be promoted to the post of Data Entry Operator Grade B, Grade C, and Grade F (system analyst) after clearing departmental exams.
Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA)
- Disposal of mails and maintaining the data
- Customer support, handling customer queries and providing them a feasible solution, etc.
Promotion Policy – In this field of work, the candidate has to gain 5 years of experience and give Postmaster Grade I examination to be promoted as Supervisor (LSG), Senior Supervisor, and Chief Supervisor (HSS).
SSC CHSL Salary, Perks And Allowances
The allowance & perks offered to various posts under SSC CHSL is immense and that’s what makes it a job that lakhs of candidates apply for. Here is a list of perks and allowances received by an SSC CHSL employee.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): House rent allowance varies according to the city one is living in. The HRA given to X, Y & Z category of cities is as follows:
- @ 24% of Basic pay for X category of cities
- @ 16% of Basic Pay for Y category of cities
- @ 8% of Basic Pay for Z category of cities
HRA after the 7th Pay Commission is tabulated below:
City Category Before 7th
X 30% 24% AND 20% 16% WITH 10% 8%
- Transport Allowance (TA)
The transport allowance is given to cater to the daily traveling needs of the employee. The Employees posted in the cities will get Rs.3600 as TA whereas the Employees posted at all other places will get Rs.1800 as TA.
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
The DA is a cost of living adjustment allowance and is currently 17% Of basic Pay under the 7th Pay Commission. The union cabinet increased the DA to 17% in October 2019.
- Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
The leave travel concession is the allowance that the Central Government employees receive for travel to their hometown or other parts of the country.
- Other Allowances
Apart from the mentioned benefits, there is job stability, security, and a peaceful environment to work as an SSC CHSL employee.
SSC CHSL Salary 2021, FAQ’s
Q. SSC CHSL recruitment is done for which of the posts?
Years. SSC CHSL Recruitment is done for the post of Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA), Data Entry Operator (DEO).
Q. What is the starting salary for the posts in SSC CHSL?
Years. Post wise starting salary for LDC/JSA is Rs. 25,767, PA/SA, and DEO is Rs 32,715.
Q. What are the perks and allowances received by an SSC CHSL Employee?
Years. SSC CHSL Employee will be entitled to House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, Dearness Allowance, and Leave Travel Concession.
Q. Is there any interview for the selection under SSC CHSL?
Years. No, there will not be any Interviews for any of the posts.