TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021: The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) organizes the Tamil Nadu Civil Services Examination-II (CCSE-II) to select candidates for various civil services in Tamil Nadu. Candidates have been chosen for numerous posts under Group 2 Services.
In February 2022, the TNPSC Notification for Group 2 and 2A is expected to be published. The Group 2 examination is held in an offline setting, with a follow-up interview for certain jobs, document verification, and finally joining. We’ve got all you need to know about the TNPSC Notification for Group 2 Services in this post.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022: Highlights
The following are the TNPSC Group 2 and TNPSC Group 2A definitions:
- Group 2 (Interview Posts) consists of candidates who have completed the preliminary exam, the main written examination, and the Interview/Personality Test. The following are some of these employment advertisements:
- Group 2A (Non-Interview Posts): Candidates are chosen for vacancies in Group 2A based on their exam grades alone.
|TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||TNPSC Group 2 (Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 2)|
|Conducting Body||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Language||Tamil & English|
|Salary||Rs. 37,200/- to Rs.1,17,600/-|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||044-25332833|
TNPSC Group 2 Notification
TNPSC Group 2 & 2A are to be released in February 2022 itself. The TNPSC Group 2 prelims exam date has been announced. It will be conducted in April 2022. Other information is to be in the TNPSC Group 2 notification that the candidates can download from here once released. Till then go through the previous year TNPSC Notification.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Date 2022
The TNPSC Group-2 and 2A services notifications are to release in February 2022. Here is everything you need to know about the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022 as per the latest syllabus and exam pattern.
|TNPSC Group 2, 2021-22||Date
|TNPSC Group 2 Notification 2021||February 2022|
|TNPSC Group 2 Application form||Available Soon|
|TNPSC Group 2 Apply the last date||Available Soon|
|TNPSC Group 2 Hall Ticket||Available Soon|
|TNPSC Group 2 exam date 2021 – Prelims||April 2022|
|Declaration of TNPSC Group 2 Results – Prelims||Available Soon|
|TNPSC Group 2 exam date 2021 – Mains||Available Soon|
|Declaration of TNPSC Group 2 results – Mains||Available Soon|
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021-22 Vacancy
The TNPSC Group 2 Exam is conducted to recruit eligible candidates into the various posts under the Tamil Nadu PSC. A total of 5831 vacancies have been released as TNPSC Group 2 vacancies as per the TNPSC Annual Calendar 2022. Meanwhile, you can have a look at the TNPSC Gr-II Vacancies of last year.
|Name of the exam||TNPSC Gr-II (CCSE-II)|
|Total Vacancies||1500+ Vacancies
(For 2018 – 1199, Gr 2 Posts)
|Name of the Posts||Deputy Commercial Tax Officer, Sub Registrar, etc.|
|Prelims Exam Date 2021||February 2022|
The candidates are selected in the following posts and departments of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam. The Post wise vacancy will be updated here when the official notification is released.
TNPSC Group 2 Eligibility Criteria
The posts under the TNPSC Group–II require the candidates to possess a graduate degree or equivalent from a recognized university or institution, there are certain additional educational and preferential qualifications required for some posts, the details for which will be available in the official notification of the TNPSC Group – II Recruitment 2021. Meanwhile, you can check the eligibility criteria from the PDF given here.
Know TNPSC Group 2 Educational Qualification Post Wise: Previous year
- Age relaxation up to 10 years above the maximum age limit is given to differently-abled persons
- The maximum age limit for ex-servicemen is 48 years. However, the age concession does not apply to the ex-servicemen applicants who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
TNPSC Group 2 Selection Process
Like the TNPSC Group 4 Exam that is conducted in the country, the selection for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam is held in three stages.
- Preliminary exam (written): Candidates applying for the exam need to appear for the preliminary exam, which is an objective-type written test.
- Mains exam (written): Candidates qualified in the preliminary exam need to appear for the mains exam, which is a descriptive written test.
- Interview: The interview will be held for the candidates who wish to appear or as per the cut offset by the Commission.
Group 2 (Interview Posts): Selection of candidates for vacancies released under Group 2 is done based on the preliminary exam, main written exam, and Interview/Personality Test.
Group 2A (Non-Interview Posts): Selection of candidates for vacancies released under Group 2A is done based on marks obtained in them in the written exam only.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern as per the latest Syllabus is given below. There has been a revision in the TNPSC Group 2 Exam. There has been an addition of an extra paper, “Paper I” in the Mains Exam. This paper will be Qualifying in nature.
TNPSC Group 2 Marking Scheme
For TNPSC Prelims Exam
- The TNPSC Prelims will have 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s).
- 175 questions are from the general studies section and the remaining 25 questions from aptitude and mental ability test section.
- The duration of the TNPSC Prelims Exam is 3 hours of a maximum of 300 marks.
- The minimum qualifying marks for TNPSC Prelims Exam is 90 out of 300.
For TNPSC Mains Exam
The TNPSC Group 2 Mains Exam Pattern will have two papers: Paper I and Paper II. Both papers will have different qualifying marks and exam duration.
- TNPSC Group 2 Mains Exam holds utmost importance as the marks secured by the candidates in this Exam is considered for the Final Selection.
- This will have 2 papers: Paper I and Paper-II.
- Paper, I will be of 100 marks of 1 hour 30 minutes duration.
- Paper-II will be of 300 marks of 3-hour duration.
- Answer sheets of the candidates who do not secure minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I will not be considered for the evaluation of Paper-II
- Minimum 102 and 90 marks are required to qualify in group 2 and group 2A main exams respectively.
- TNPSC Group 2 exam is bilingual and available in both the English and Tamil languages.
Read the detailed TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
TNPSC Group 2 Hall Ticket
The candidates who have successfully applied for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021 will be required to download the TNPSC hall ticket/ admit card from the official website of the commission. The same will be made available on this site as well. The hall ticket is released separately for the TNPSC Prelims, Mains and the Interview.
TNPSC Group 2 Answer Key
After conduction of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam, the Commission will release the Answer Key. The candidates will be able to view the answer key and have an idea of the marks that they will be able to secure in the Exam.
After the release of the TNPSC Answer Key, the Result of the TNPSC Exam will be released. The result will be the ticket to appear for the next level of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam.
Candidates who will clear the TNPSC Group 2 Prelims and Mains Exam will be able to appear for the Interview. It may be noted that only those candidates will have to appear for the Interview who will score more marks only they will appear for Group 2 (Interview Posts).
TNPSC counselling is conducted at the office of the commission. At the counselling round, qualifying candidates are recruited to different posts based on the choice exercised by them as well as the availability of vacancies.
Q. When will the Notification for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam be released?
Ans. As per the TNPSC Annual Calendar, the Notification for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam is to be released in February 2022.
Q. How many Papers are there for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam?
Ans. As per the latest TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern, there will be three stages: Prelims, Mains and Interview. The Interview will, however, be only for Group 2 (Interview Posts).
Q. What will be the mode of conduct of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021?
Ans. The TNPSC Group 2 Exam will be conducted in Offline Mode.
Q. What will be the language of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021?
Ans. The TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021 will be bilingual i.e. English and Tamil. The English Language Papers will be conducted only in English.